Monday, August 15, 2011

Radio Afghanistan

This follow-up email, promising a QSL, was sent on 24 Oct 2011
Radio Afghanistan (Radio Television Afghanistan) in Kabul was received on 15 August 2011 from 15.30 to 16.00 UTC on 6.102 kHz  Actually the frequency varied with my receivers. On the Sangean ATS909W, signal was received best on 6.104 kHz; on the Grundig Satellit 500 reception was heard well on 6.101.9 kHz; and on the Tecsun S-2000 the signal was best on 6.103 kHz. Overall signal rating (SINPO) was 22322. While speech was clear and loud at times, severe fading and some interference from an adjacent station -- suspect Radio Rossii -- downgraded the quality of the transmission.

English language programming consisted mostly of News for Afghanistan and the region, interspresed with a couple of local pop songs. Programming in Dari or Pashto followed at 16.00 UTC.

Reception report was submitted by email and post with 1 International Reply Coupon. Verification is pending reply from RTA.

POSTSCRIPT 17 AUGUST 2011
I received the following email from the Director General of Radio Afghanistan a few days later after emailing my reception report: 
"Hi Mr. M. Breyel. Thank you so much to give us the good news. It is our pleasure. I hope you will always be in contact. My name is Abdul Ghaney Mudaqiq (Director General of Radio Afghanistan.) If you have any comments regarding our Radio, please send your comments to my email. 
Best regards, Abdul Ghaney Mudaqiq" 


RECORDED ON 15 AUGUST 2011 USING GRUNDIG SATELLIT 500



Radio Afghanistan Headquarters
Address:
Radio Television Afghanistan
P.O. Box 544
Central Post Office
Kabul, Afghanistan

Website: 
www.rta.org.af/

2 comments:

  1. I received the following email from Rafiullah Alkozai of Radio Afghanistan: "Representing my team working in English Service of Afghanistan National Radio, I thank you all for your kind comments regarding our newly started English program. As you know our team started that program with very few resources, but we try our best to serve you in best and profesional way. once again I thank you for lestening to our program out from Afghanistan and you gave us honor."

    With Best Regards,
    English Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rafiullah Alkozai followed up my email regarding verification of my reception report and QSL with this message: "The QSLs are not posted yet, but my office promised that they will send it to you the soonest."

    ReplyDelete